The Reykjavik Art Museum offers Asmundarsafn to private hire for various events, such as receptions, weddings, weeding photo shoots, meetings, product launches etc. Asmundarsafn is a sculpture museum and therefore it is only suitable for a standing event.
At Asmundarsafn there is a limited facility for storage and preparation of food and beverages. Therefore it is recommended that you bring the refreshments fully prepared on location and remove them at the end of the event. During the summertime it is excellent to open the doors and place chairs and tables outside. On few occasions a tent has been raised besides the building to enlarge the space available.
The green zone on the photo to the right shows the area that is available for hire.
Click here to go to the photo gallery for Asmundarsafn
• A hirer is welcome to arrange their own food and beverages. If the hirer will be offering alcoholic beverages it needs to be done in collaboration with the museum manager.
• It is not permitted to offer colored drinks, such as red wine, orange or cola drinks.
• The Art Museum is responsible for cleaning the facilities before and after events.
• 570 square meters.
• 200 standing guests.
• Audio system for speeches.
• Portable speakers on stands.
• Tables for catering, 4 pcs. without cloths.
• Chairs can be hired. Hirer must arrange for their transport to and from the museum.
• 4 pallets can be hired, sizes 1.25 x 2.00 m, along with steps and draping’s. Hirer must arrange for their transport, to and from the museum.
Please feel free to send your enquiry to:
Björg Atladóttir, email@example.com
or by phone at 590 1200