The Open court at the Hafnarhus is available for private hire for various events. Among the events that have taken place at the Open Court are Iceland Airwaves music festival, receptions, meetings and conferences, fashion shows, beauty pageants, wedding parties, product launches, birthday parties, annual celebration, shareholder meetings, film festivals etc.
The hirer is responsible for planning and setting up the event, renting equipment and other materials, unless otherwise stated.
• Floor area 500 m².
• Ceiling height 12 meters.
• Removable tent, black or white.
• Black drapes in case a hirer requires total darkness.
• Meyer sound system for simple musical performance, Seminars,
lectures and speeches.
• Portable speakers on stands.
• Stand-Microphones, Shure Beta – Audix i5 Dynamic and
Audix SCX-25 Cardioid.
• Table-Microphones, 6 pcs.
• 80 chairs. (Series 7 by Arne Jacobsen).
• 4 pallets can be hired, sizes 1.25 x 2.00 m, along with steps and draping’s.
• Panel tables 4. pcs. for up to 8 people.
• Speech desk
• The sound system is not designed for the Open court, the hirer can add to
the sound system at own cost.
• Speech Desk
• Standing, 1400 guests.
• In seating rows, 500 guest.
• Seated at round tables, 320 guests.
• Seated at tables, 450 guests.
• The Lobby, Passage and other open spaces are also used as a part of the
reception when suitable.
• The total floor area for hire on the first floor is 1021 m², including the
Open court and the Multi-purpose Hall.
*Maximum capacity is applies to events that last 4 hours or more.
For further details contact:
Björg Atladóttir, firstname.lastname@example.org
or by phone at: +354 590 1200
Printed of the web Reykjvik Art Museum, www.reykjvikartmuseum.is 25.28.2013