The Reykjavik Art Museum offers The Hafnarhus for private hire for various events. Among the events that have taken place at Hafnarhusid are Iceland Airwaves music festival, receptions, meetings and conferences, fashion shows, beauty pageants, wedding parties, product launches, birthday parties, annual celebration, shareholder meetings, movie festivals etc.
The building is on 2 floors. The Exhibition rooms are not hired out, only the open spaces, hallways, lobby, multi-purpose hall, library etc. The hirer is responsible for planning and setting up the event, renting equipment and other materials, unless otherwise stated. The Art Gallery is responsible for cleaning the facilities before and after events.
The overall size of the space being hired is 1.269 square meters and is divided as follows:
1st floor 1.021 square meters.
2nd floor 248 square meters.
• It is possible to arrange for Guests to enjoy the exhibitions taking place at the Museum, with or without guidance in Icelandic or English. This needs to be arranged in advance.
• The Art Museum is responsible for cleaning the facilities before and after events.
Hired space on the first floor is 1021 m². Of which the Port is 500 m², the Multi-Purpose Hall is 100 m², the Library is 42 m² and other spaces are 379 m².
• Floor area 100 m².
• Ceiling height 7 meters.
• During the Museums closing hours the size of the Multi-purpose Hall can be increased by opening large doors.
• In seating rows, 80 guests.
• Seated at tables, 50 guests.
• Standing, 150 guests.
• Floor area 500 m².
• Ceiling height 12 meters.
• Standing, 1400 guests.
• In seating rows, 500 guest.
• Seated at round tables, 320 guests.
• Seated at tables, 450 guests.
• Floor area 42 m².
• Tables and chairs for up to 15 people.
• The Lobby and Passage on the first floor are most often hired with the Open Court. In addition the space can be increased by opening the Multi-purpose hall, with it´s 100 m² floor area.
The Cafeteria is located on the second floor. The space available for rental on the second floor is 248 m².
• Cafeteria floor area 120 m².
• Other open space area 128 m².
• Total 248 m².
For further details contact:
Björg Atladóttir, email@example.com
or by phone at: +354 590 1200
Printed of the web Reykjvik Art Museum, www.reykjvikartmuseum.is 13.21.2013